Wednesday, January 27, 2010

iGoogle page


Last week, I customized my iGoogle opening page and made it my "home page" for the Mozilla Firefox browser.

  • date & time [GMT]
  • weather [set to "Oxford"]
  • Picasa web albums [not sure they display okay]
    Note added on 9.4.2010: I think that I linked to the Picasa Web Album folder overview, and NOT to particular images. In any event, on my PC, Firefox often doesn't display images, and I haven't been able to alter browser settings to change this. Therefore viewing in "Internet Explorer" is recommended.
    On 9.4.2010, I have sorted this out and an album of Picasa images now displays as it should (after sorting out login/password problems).
  • Perlentaucher.de [German website that aggregates news content]
  • BBC [UK & world news]
  • CNN [World news]
  • Zeit Online [German weekly]
I haven't done much customization and the page doesn't look great. I didn't find out how to resize the application windows. Here is a screenshot:




No comments:

Post a Comment