Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Blog is now set up / blog name

It's done - the blog is set up and I am ready to go.

I got very excited about the possibilites of Web 2.0 during the staff development day with Phil Bradley in 2009. I came back to our library with many good intentions. I particularly liked the idea of creating a web-based desktop, which can be used from whatever computer one uses. But I never got around to build one...
And I wanted to tag and store my bookmarks in a Web 2.0 interface. But never did...
And my colleagues weren't too keen on a facebook site for the library. So my enthusiasm fizzled out...
But I *do* think that we need to communicate with "digital native" readers in their language and using Web 2.0 tools is after all just another new-fangled way of communicating.
I am glad that this "23things" training came along - just at the right moment!

REGISTRATION
Have registered my blog (Thing4).

NAME OF BLOG
The name I have chosen for my blog relates to the beautiful old garden I see from my office window - it is called the "Gooseberry Garden", and it has a goldfish pond.


My youngest niece Nilufar standing next to the goldfish pond.
Nilufar is the Persian word for "water lilly", and there are many water lillies in the goldfish pond.
But none of them is as lovely as my niece!

1 comment: